Tennis is a big part of the Hillbrooke Community. You can always find people playing on the tennis courts. Hillbrooke has 4 lit courts that are available to the residents.
Hillbrooke also has organized Tennis Teams. Both ALTA and USTA teams are available. Don't worry about your level of play. Hillbrooke has teams from Beginner to Advanced for Men, Women and Mixed Doubles.
Important Contact Information
Heather Heaton is our point of contact for anything related to the
courts or our teams. If you would like more information about the
Hillbrooke tennis teams or our courts, she can be contacted at
email@example.com or 678-643-8830.
The following policies were adopted by the Tennis Committee and approved by the Homeowners Association Board of Directors. These policies will be reviewed annually or as deemed necessary based on the changing trends of our community and tennis facility usage.
Prime Time Hours
6pm - 9pm Monday - Friday
9am - 9pm Saturday - Sunday
- During prime time a minimum of two people are required to hold a court reservation.
- The courts are reserved for tennis use only. No big wheels, bikes, skates, skateboards, rollerblades, or motorized vehicles or the playing of any other sport is allowed on the court surface.
Hillbrooke uses an online tool to help residents reserve and use our
wonderful tennis courts. Should you like to reserve a tennis court,
For new users, merely click on the 'Player Sign Up' tab, select
Hillbrooke and complete the form on that page. You can then log in and
reserve a court!
- Reservation rules apply to all ages.
- You must be a Hillbrooke resident to reserve a court.
- Courts may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- Only one reservation will be allowed at a time. For example, if you reserve a court, you may not make another reservation until you have either used or cancelled the previous reservation. League make up matches are included in this policy.
- Practice reservation times are limited to 1 hour for singles play and 1 1/2 hours for doubles with the exception of a league match which will be allowed to be played until completion.
- Individual match (K-Swiss, T2Tennis, etc.) reservation times are limited to 2 1/2 hours. Individual matches can not be reserved if the match can not be completed by the start of the next team practice or team match reservation.
- Reservations apply to all players participating. Back to back reservations using one player's name for the first hour and the other player's name for the second hour are not allowed. Tennis professionals are permitted to remain on the court longer than 1 hour on the condition that Hillbrooke team or a different resident is receiving instruction during the second hour.
- ALTA and USTA league matches, and special events as approved by the Tennis Committee and recognized by the Board of Directors may make reservations more than 7 days in advance.
- Cancellation of a reservation must be done two hours prior to reserved time in order to allow others the opportunity to play.
- Failure to claim a reserved court within 10 minutes of the reserved time results in forfeiture of remaining time to the next players who have not played within the previous hour.
- ALTA and USTA team members may not reserve court time on the night of their practice during prime time hours.
- ALTA and USTA team members wishing to schedule make up matches, as in the case of rainouts, should first attempt to schedule the make up match
If none of these options are workable, and the only feasible time is during another team's practice, the Hillbrooke team member should call that team's Captain and request the use of one court. Team captains should try to accommodate these make up requests if at all possible. If there is a dispute over scheduling a make up match, the team captain of the team scheduled to practice shall have the final decision.
- During their own team's regular practice time
- During an open time, at least 2 1/2 hours before any scheduled team practice, or at the other team's courts
- A team may re-schedule an entire team match no later than 4 days prior to the regularly scheduled time. They must then open up the previously blocked out match times on the schedule sheet to allow for new sign ups.
- All guests must be accompanied by a Hillbrooke resident.
- Guests may not reserve courts.
- Pool tags or a pool key should be carried as proof of residency.
- The Tennis Committee will not be responsible for the number of players on a team or how each team shall be fielded, (i.e. who plays at what level). This will be determined each season by each team and their captain(s). A resident cannot be excluded from a league team regardless of its size.
- Each team will decide how they will field their teams during the regular season and any post-season play. It is suggested that both decisions be made at the beginning of the season.
- Non-residents should not be invited to play on a team unless that team is unable to field a full roster after utilizing new residents and overflow from other teams. In this case, the non-residents must be advised that a Hillbrooke resident could replace them the following season. Team captains are required to collect and submit non-resident fees to the Tennis Committee at the beginning of the each season. Adult non-resident fees are $25 per season or $50 per year and children non-resident fees (18 & under) are $10 per season or $25 per year.
- Residents wishing to join a league should call any Tennis Committee member to be placed on a waiting list.
- All current Hillbrooke team captains are required to participate on the League Tennis Sub-committee. Captains are responsible for representing their teams and communicating all relevant information to their teams.